Last night, June 12th, one of our third grade students, Aalyssa Pena was honored at the PS Art 2012 exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Aalyssa was one of 30 elementary school students selected for the city wide competition. The reception began with, Peggy Fogelman, Chairman of Education for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, introducing the exhibition. As part of her introduction she chose to read quotes from 4 of the students whose words she found inspiring. The first one she read was Aalyssa's -
"When people look at my artwork, I want them to see that there is beauty in the simplest image. I took a picture of a puddle, but when I saw the photograph, there was much more there than a puddle."We are so proud of Aalyssa and all that she has accomplished. Many people we complimenting her on her extraordinary photograph and rightfully so. What a wonderful evening!
Aalyssa with parents and art teacher, Ms. de Koning

No comments:
Post a Comment